Welcome to Comfort Insurance


Caravans for Sale


Caravan Insurance that Covers All Bases

Having adequate insurance can give you the peace of mind you need to enjoy your caravan and the endless opportunities the freedom owning a caravan can give you.

With Comforts caravan policy we are able to offer an excellent level of cover at affordable prices. As a valued Caravans for Sale customer, we will give you an additional 5% discount.

Our Caravan Protector Policy offers a wide range of benefits with the following coming as standard:

  • 5 years new for old
  • Upto 240 days EU Cover
  • 14 days Loss of Use Cover
  • Fire, Explosion, Lightening and earthquake cover
  • Storm or Flood Cover
  • Accidental damage
  • Malicious acts or vandalisms
  • Theft or attempted theft

Why Us?

Comfort have been providing Insurance to the Camping and leisure Industry for the last 20 years. We are experts in our field and for 8 out of the last 9 years we have won Which provider of the year.  Our staff have an excellent knowledge of Motorhomes, Campervans and Caravans and the insurance needs of their owners. When using Comfort you can rest assured that we will know the right policy for you and give you our best price first time.

If you would like to know more about our caravan Protector policy then you can get in touch on 0800 0304 206 or 0208 984 0777 or info@comfort-insurance.co.uk


We want to ensure you that you're choosing the best Caravan Insurance Policy which most suits your needs, and to help you we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions.

Is it a legal requirement to have Caravan Insurance?

No. Although Caravan Insurance is not a legal requirement in the UK, it is important to note that your caravan is not covered by your car insurance policy and we strongly recommend you take out separate insurance for it. You need to be aware that if there was an accident due to any unfortunate event the caravan could be a total loss and there would be no way to claim for it.

What if I breakdown?

If your caravan suffers an accident or breakdown whilst in use, we will remove the caravan from the scene of the incident and take it to the nearest agreed repairer. We will then redeliver your caravan to the registered address on your policy or suitable storage.

If I can't use my caravan while away will you cover costs.

Yes. Costs of up to £75 per day for up to 14 days accommodation will be covered. Alternatively if you require caravan hire, the same amount will be paid.

Is Public Liability Insurance included?

Public liability is included as standard and has a maximum limit of £2,000,000.

Are there any security requirements?

When your caravan is left unattended, it must be attached to the towing vehicle and a wheel clamp must be used. If the Caravan is left unattended whilst not attached to the towing vehicle, it must have both a wheel clamp and hitchlock in use.

What is  a CRIS number and do I need one?

Yes, you will need provide us with a Caravan Registration and Identification Scheme (CRIS) number on inception. This is a unique 17 digit number specifically assigned to your vehicle which can be helpful when purchasing a used caravan to see if it was previously stolen or has any outstanding balances. For any caravans dated pre-1992 a serial, vin or chassis number must be provided.

Motorhome and Campervan  Insurance
Explore the

History of the VW Campervan

History of the VW Campervan

View the entire history of the iconic VW Campervan, from its inception in 1947 all the way through to the latest redesign.