As it’s “The only show where you can see all the new-for-2016 caravans, motorhomes, campervans, trailer tents, caravan holiday homes, lodges and accessories from major UK and European manufacturers” it would have been mad for Comfort Insurance to miss this year’s Motorhome & Caravan Show 2015! This is why earlier this week our team headed to the NEC in Birmingham to attend what is arguably one of the biggest events in the recreational vehicle industry’s calendar.
Those of you who have read our articles before will know that Comfort Insurance have visited the Motorhome & Caravan Show for a number of years now as not only do we love seeing all the new vehicles and accessories on the market, but also spending time with like-minded enthusiasts. However, we were particularly excited to attend this year’s show as it featured the world’s largest caravan built with interlocking plastic LEGO bricks, winning a Guinness World Record.
At the time of writing, the show is still in full swing, which means if you are tempted there’s still time to book your tickets! This Saturday and Sunday marks the last two days of this year’s show which started on the 13th, giving visitors six full days of motorhome and campervan fun. With thousands of exhibitions we guarantee that you will be tempted to purchase something during the show, even if it’s just some new accessories for your existing motorhome or campervan!
As always, the show also has numerous pieces of entertainment to attend, including the Experts’ Theatre where guests can attend cookery shows, product launches and Q & A sessions with leading experts in the field. This year’s celebrity guests include Carl Fogarty, Matt Baker and Julia Bradbury to name a few, and of course some of the biggest names in the industry will also be there such as Bailey, Coachman Caravans and Elddis.
For many, one of the best parts of the Motorhome & Caravan Show is the onsite camping, which this year will be open between the 12th and 19th of October. Not to do things by half, the campsite at the show includes catering, a bar and evening entertainment and Shuttle service provided to and from the Show, while all pitches come with an electric hook-up. This year there’s even two tiers of pricing available – £35 per night for a paved pitch and £30 per night for a shingle pitch.
Now it’s time for the good stuff – our pick of the best vehicles from this year’s show! Below we’ve reviewed some of our favourites, make sure you let us know your top choices on our Facebook or Twitter pages!
– Modern and mobile with cutting edge automotive engineering, all the elements in the engine are easily accessible. It is fitted with a fully insulated engine front wall to protect the vehicle interior from engine noise and the insulation offers a high level of efficiency in winter.
– Large selection of luxurious furnishings. Their leather is coated with anti-soiling Aquaderm X-Shield therefore dirt won’t stick and liquid rolls off.
– Different floor layouts that best suit your needs (6 floor plans to choose from with single beds or queen size bed in the rear)
– Windscreen is panoramic laminated glass which filters UV rays and reduces solar radiation
– Mastervolt battery-management system – this advanced technology monitors the charging cycles of batteries and ensures they aren’t overcharged, become too hot or deeply discharged.
– Uses an Alde hot-water and gas central heating system. This system continuously heats the vehicle and maintains the air humidity.
– There is a compartment at the rear where you can fit a small car in as well
– Concorde are very much committed to building motorhomes of high quality and craftsmanship and each vehicle is hand-crafted in a traditional Franconian company.
– Prices start from £272,000
– World famous lightweight travel trailers with a sleek surface that slips cleanly through the wind. Even in high winds you’ll only feel a little sway. Has an aerodynamic design which results in better fuel per mileage.
– Have a low centre of gravity that helps keep them stable, especially if you need to make a quick lane change.
– Extremely durable and long lasting (can last 40+ years). Approximately 70% of all airstreams made are still in use today which can rarely be said for any other brand. Constructed like airplanes with aluminium panels, riveted together to create a streamline structure. Most of the materials that make an Airstream trailer are completely recyclable
– Prices start from £62,800
– Known as the ultimate glamping caravan it allows you to bring all your luxuries and little extras with you. It gives you all the home comforts without any hassle.
– You can park- up and have the freedom to go where you want, when you want and explore your surroundings.
– It’s sleek and sophisticated and oozes luxury. Inside is styled out with mood LED lights, leather trimmed seating and wooden flooring made of genuine teak planking usually used in yacht decking. The seats convert to a double bed and there’s a shower wet room and toilet which hide behind a sliding door.
– It has monocoque moulding which is a design process usually used in aeroplanes. This means there are no external joints so the external skin is similar to that of an egg shell. This prevents any leaks which is a common issue with caravans.
– There is an awning stowed inside the rear door and can be expanded in seconds to give you a dry covered area that can be fitted with additional pup tents.
– There are stylish exterior rail roofs designed to be load bearing and carry any additional equipment.
Prices start from £19,995 and there are three models in the TripBuddy range – Urban, Escape and Off-Grid.
Wiggins – Swift Group
– The swift group were proud suppliers of their Escape 696 motorhome for Team Wiggins when they took part in the Tour de France this summer.
– Affordable yet stylish it’s the ultimate family six berth coachbuilt well equipped for a big brood. Each fixed bed has a reading light and the overcab sleeping area is a good size.
– The washroom has a central shower tray and pull round curtain, there is a 60-litre water tank however it’s less of an issue if site facilities are being used.
– Prices start from £37, 700
Class A Motorhomes – 2016 THOR A.C.E 30.1
– The A.C.E motorhome is Made to Fit for your family. It has revolutionised the motorhome market by creating a coach with the best aspects of a Class A and Class C motorhome. It’s the leader in gas motorhomes.
– It has a large towing capacity, looks great and has a luxurious interior. It is easy to drive, spacious and convenient.
– Two drop down beds which are great for kids.
– Can be driven on a pre-97 driving licence (7.5 tonnes).
– Prices start from £98,597.
T@B Off Road – caravan
– Cool lightweight, cleverly designed “running partner” for the iconic Airstream trailer. It is designed for the smaller car and family.
– Tear drop shaped body shell
– The most popular colour is silver.
– Robust construction and easy to handle and position with no complicated reversing or fuss.
– It is small and compact but comes with a well-equipped kitchen, fridge and washroom so you have all the benefits of your home comforts bundled into a small space.
– Racy allow wheels
– prices start from £19,000