Motorhome Insurance from £197*
We provide motorhome insurance built around motorhome life. With specialist cover starting from £197*, we'll find the best cover for your budget. Click the button below to get a quick online quote - it takes just a few minutes.
Over 10% of our Aviva Motorhome policy holders paid this amount or less for their annual premium between 1st Nov 16 and 31st Oct 17.*
Recommend A Friend
Would you like a discount on your next renewal? If so, you may want to get involved with our recommend a friend scheme that will see you and your friend benefiting from a discount on your insurance. We never inflate our prices so you will both benefit from a real discount.
Our Motorhome Insurance covers
£5000 personal effects cover
Covers loss or damage to possessions locked in your Motorhome. If you plan on travelling with valuable items or equipment, it's important that you're covered.**
Unlimited Window and Windscreen cover
We are partnered with Autoglass® Specials division, which means we've got the specialist tools at hand to quickly and properly repair bespoke windscreens and windows.
The Best Motorhome Insurance for Your Lifestyle
We are 100% committed to ensuring that you get the right cover for you, and your motorhoming lifestyle – as with most things, one size does not fit all, so when you’re trying to work out the cost of motorhome insurance, we tailor our products to suit you.
If you have any questions regarding our policies, or motorhome insurance in general, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 0800 0304 206 or 020 8984 0777 , our friendly, UK based experts will be ready at the end of the line, with the answers to your questions!
Why choose Comfort?
Comfort Insurance has enjoyed a long-term relationship with Aviva and many of our products are jointly developed with the UK’s largest insurer. We are committed to ensuring you get the right cover for you and your motorhoming lifestyle.
£5000 personal belongings cover**
Gas explosion cover
Cover for awnings and camping equipment
365 days foreign use
Full UK & European breakdown options available
Did you know...
of Comfort Insurance's customers said they are happy with our service and would recommend us to a friend
Survey of 435 customers during April 2014
Guide to Motorhome Insurance
When looking at motorhome insurance policies, it is important to look at the type of cover offered, as the ‘small print’ can often be a real eye-opener. Comfort Insurance offer a comprehensive policy at competitive rates. We believe that you will not find better cover for less.
Some insurers charge extra for additional benefits – such as EU cover; with a Comfort Insurance policy, this comes as standard. The Comfort motorhome insurance policy even gives you unrestricted European cover (including optional breakdown cover) and our Green Card is valid for 365 days of the year – so you don’t have to cut your trip to Europe short or pop home for a week to stay covered.
A motorhome is one of the biggest purchases you will ever make. As such, it only makes sense to protect your investment with a comprehensive insurance policy. This is where we can offer you our expertise.
Our friendly team is ready to provide you with a free, no-obligation insurance quote today. Simply give us a call on 0800 0304 206 to buy your motorhome insurance online.
All of our quotes are tailored to your exact needs. We understand that everyone’s situation is different – and so don’t offer a one-size-fits-all product. This allows us to offer comprehensive motorhome insurance at the best possible price.
As you would expect we cover all the main styles of motorhome. We also offer cover for the biggest brands in the business, a guide to many can be found on our motorhome manufacturers page. Remember these lists are only a guide, if you don't see your motorhome here we still should be able to offer you a quote.
What is included in your motorhome insurance?
Comfort Insurance has been offering specialist motorhome insurance for many years, and we’re now proud to be a market leader. Our policies are designed specifically for motorhomers.
As we’re motorhomers ourselves, we believe we know more about what our customers want from their insurance policy.
There are other companies out there that also offer motorhome insurance, but we firmly believe that our cover is the best in the market.
Here is a list of benefits you get with a Comfort motorhome policy:
- You get up to £5,000 cover for personal affects and belongings**
- Your awnings are covered for their full value if they are fixed to the motorhome
- Your generator is covered for up to £500
- Optional additional Cover for Satellite Navigation Systems & Satellite TV systems
- You get new for Old Replacement Vehicle (up to 3 years old and less than 15,000 miles)
- Optional full UK and EU Breakdown Cover
- Medical Expenses up to £100 for anyone injured in your motorhome
- Unlimited Window/Windscreen breakage cover (If repaired by Auto Glass, if not it will go back to the policy limit of £3000)
- Lock Replacements following theft of keys or transmitter
- Gas explosion cover
- We can cover private conversions/self-builds
- We can arrange cover for full-timers
We are committed to providing you with the best motorhome insurance cover, at a price you can afford. We strive to be the best motorhome insurance company in the UK – this is why we win awards for our products, customer service and our innovation.
If you are planning on being away for 6 months or more, then take a look at Comfort’s specialist home insurance policy, designed specifically for motorhomers who like a long trip away. Or, double check your existing home insurance policy – sometimes home insurance doesn’t cover your home if you leave it unattended for long periods of time.
The Small Print
You know you should read it, but let’s face it – not many people want to read it. Small print is tedious and most of us will never actually get round to reading the finer details of our insurance policies.
There are other companies out there that also offer motorhome insurance, but we firmly believe that our cover is the best in the market.
Here at Comfort Insurance, we know this. This is why we do our best to ensure our small print is easy to understand and written in plain English. Although it’s not the most exciting read, it is written in such a way that you should be able to understand each point quickly, easily and on your first read-through.
We do this because we know how incredibly important it is that you know exactly what you’re covered for. You should be fully aware of exactly what is included in your policy, and we want to make it even easier for you to do this.
Best Motorhome Insurance Deals
Here at Comfort, we’re proud to offer the best motorhome policies available in the UK. This is reflected in the fact that we have been named What Motorhome Insurance Provider of the Year for 10 of the last 11 years. We pride ourselves on being honest with our customers, so when you request a quote we will always give you the best price we can right from the start. Unlike some insurers, we don’t increase the prices of our policies only to lower them with discounts.
Our policies are tailored specifically to motorhome owners, offer comprehensive coverage, and are available at incredible rates.
However, there are a few things you can do to ensure you get the best possible deal.
First of all, determine what type of insurance policy you’re interested in buying. There are three main types of motorhome insurance:
This is the bare-minimum you need, as required by UK law.
It ensures that liability for injury to others is covered, as well as any damage to property.
Third-Party Fire and Theft
This covers everything that a ‘third-party only’ policy would.
In addition, it will also cover fire damage, the theft of your vehicle or any damage caused during the attempt of a theft.
A comprehensive policy will cover everything mentioned in the previous two types.
At-fault damage is also covered in many cases. However, there are different types of comprehensive policies – so speak to your insurance advisor about what yours will include.
Once you’ve decided which policy is right for you, you’re going to want to determine how you can get the best possible deal for the cover you want.
How much is motorhome insurance?
Insurance for motorhomes typically costs between £150 and £1,000 per year on average. However, in some cases, for more premium vehicles, it can cost more. Comfort Insurances premiums start at £197.*
Scroll down to the next section for our guide on how to get cheaper motorhome insurance.
Other factors include:
- The value of the vehicle
- Previous claims and convictions
- The owner’s postcode
- Where the vehicle is stored
Comfort Insurance does not price-match on other insurer’s quotes and policies. This is because we already offer our best possible price for your policy.
You can find us on various price comparison websites if you want to compare our prices with other companies, but we are confident that the level of our cover and the quality of our service is the best in the market for price we offer.
How to get cheap motorhome insurance
We’re likely to be able to offer you a cheaper deal if you do the following:
- Fit an alarm. Most newer motorhome models have an alarm installed as standard, but if your motorhome is several years old and doesn’t have an alarm fitted, then you may wish to consider installing a standalone alarm. Be sure to let us know if you have such a device, as this will reduce your insurance premium. If you are purchasing (or have already purchased) a second or third-hand motorhome, then you must ensure that the alarm certificate is included in the vehicle documents. This is important - we cannot offer any motorhome insurance discount without proof that your alarm exists. Higher value motorhomes will be required to have an alarm as a condition of the policy.
- Install a tracking device. It’s important that you choose a tracking device make and model that is recognised and approved by your motorhome insurance However, you also need to ensure that you have informed your chosen insurance provider that you have had the device installed. Many motorhome insurance companies will give you a discount if you have an approved device installed, so it’s worth finding out whether your insurance provider will do this for you before you install it. A tracking device won’t necessarily stop your motorhome from being stolen, but if it is stolen the chances of it being recovered by the police are dramatically increased. Higher value motorhomes will be required to have an alarm as a condition of the policy.
- Install a reversing camera or sensor. Reversing cameras and sensors aren’t just useful for reversing – having one installed can also reduce your motorhome premium.
- Adding additional drivers. If you can avoid doing so, do not add more drivers than you need to your motorhome policy. While your spouse or partner will not increase cost as long as they have no claims or convictions, adding unnecessary additional drivers can increase your premium, so think twice before adding other friends and family unless they will be using the vehicle regularly.
- Ensure you are as accurate as possible with your estimated annual mileage. Lower mileage means cheaper motorhome insurance, so try to be as realistic as possible about the amount of miles you expect to drive in the coming year. If you would usually drive to Europe in your motorhome but won’t be this year, you should factor this in when obtaining your quote. However, you must be open and honest when purchasing insurance or your policy could be voided.
- Don’t overestimate your vehicle (or its contents). Ideally, your motorhome should be revalued each year so you’re not overpaying on your premium.
- Consider storing your motorhome in a safe or approved location. The Caravan Storage Site Owners’ Association (CaSSOA) can help you find a secure storage location near you. They have a list of more than 500 secure sites across the UK. If you’re storing your motorhome or RV at home, your postcode will significantly affect the premium. Most insurers do this on a number of factors including their own claims data.
- Join an owners’ club. Joining an owners’ club could reduce your premium. Be sure to check with your chosen provider before you join to ensure they will offer you a discount.
- Pay for the whole year in one go. If you have the cash spare, you could reduce the overall annual cost of your insurance by paying for the whole year in one instalment, instead of spreading it out over 12 months.
- Increase your excess. Some offer low excesses however if you increase it this will reduce your premium but it could come at a price if you need to claim. Ultimately, it’s up to you if you want to take the risk – it could end up saving you money, but even the most careful and responsible drivers can end up having to claim (whether you’re at fault or not). As part of Comfort Insurance’s commitment to fair and transparent premiums the excess is compulsory and we have found provides the best option for customers long term.
- Combining motorhome and car insurance. Adding your car and your motorhome to the same insurance policy could save you money, but it could also have its drawbacks. While multi-car discounts are great for people with more than one car, you need to be careful when considering adding your motorhome to your car insurance policy. The reason for this is that these are generally standard policies for cars that have merely been adapted to include motorhomes, and may not offer you the level of cover that a dedicated motorhome insurer can offer you. Here at Comfort, we also offer car insurance, so if this is something you’re considering you should talk to our friendly team about discounts on your car insurance.
Doing the above will give you the best possible chance of lowering the cost of your motorhome insurance.
Finding the Best Motorhome Insurance
Here at Comfort Insurance, we believe we can always find you the best motorhome insurance deal.
When it comes to buying insurance, you want to try and spend as little as possible for level of cover you need.
So when you’re looking for a policy, your attention immediately turns to the cheapest price.
But cheap motorhome insurance isn’t always better. It’s very possible that a deal that seems to be too good to be true, is too good to be true.
A lower-priced policy may not cover everything you need it to.
Imagine you’re out on the road in a foreign country and you break down or are unfortunate enough to fall victim to a robbery.
When it comes to claiming on the insurance, you could find that the cheaper policy you decided to take out doesn’t cover you for the damage caused or for breakdowns.
Not only have you paid for insurance, you’ll have to pay extra money to get out of the situation you’ve found yourself in.
Having said that, there are policies which you can snap up at a good price that offer you the cover you need if the unthinkable should happen.
As detailed earlier, Comfort Insurance is the number one provider because we offer comprehensive cover.
Even if you’re abroad in one of the EU nations, you can still be covered in the same way you would if you were back in the UK.
Our policies are award-winning, because we tailor our plans to each motorhome owner. Your exact needs can be met with a Comfort policy.
We think the best motorhome insurance companies are the ones that specialise in a particular type of insurance.
Our experience makes us the reliable choice for motorhome insurance.
And on top of all that – our comprehensive plans are available at reasonable and competitive prices.
It’s that competitive pricing that’s led to Comfort being named Motorhome Insurance Provider of the Year so many times.
So, when you think about the best motorhome insurance companies in the UK – you immediately think of Comfort.
Motorhome Insurance for Over 50s
Comfort is proud to be able to offer motorhome insurance to everyone who needs it.
If you’re over 50 years of age, we can put together a comprehensive, affordable motorhome policy that will put your mind at ease throughout your next trip. We offer renewal to all customers irrespective of ages.
We have highly-competitive deals for people of this age.
Some insurers will significantly increase the cost of insurance for people over 50.
But by taking into consideration all your details, we can offer a bespoke policy that doesn’t break the bank.
If you’re an experienced motorhome or RV driver, you shouldn’t have to worry. Comfort will find you the best deal possible.
Motorhome and RV holidays can be expensive. Insurance is incredibly important, but we don’t want the expense to ruin your experience.
Get a bespoke motorhome insurance quote from Comfort today – and we’re sure you’ll be pleased with what’s on offer.
*Over 10% of our Aviva Motorhome policy paid this amount or less for their annual premium between 1st Nov 16 and 31st Oct 17.
**Personal belongings are covered in subject to the policy Terms and Conditions which can be found in the attached policy booklet.