Comfort Home Insurance

Our home insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance, so you know that you'll be covered by experts.

Having the right level of home insurance means you can relax. You'll be covered under an extensive range of circumstances, from protection against fire to theft, which is included under unoccupied for up to 60 days.

If you'd like to find out more about our home insurance, or you'd like to receive a quote, contact our friendly team over the phone on 0208 9840 666.

What is home insurance?

Home insurance can provide financial protection if something happens to your property or belongings. The amount of protection you could receive depends on the house insurance policy you decide on. You could be covered for anything from theft to fire or even accidental damage.

There are two main ways to categorise house insurance. It can be split into buildings insurance and contents insurance.

    • Buildings insurance: This covers you if the structure of your home is damaged. This might include the roof, walls and fixtures and fittings.
    • Contents insurance: This covers you for loss or damage to personal belongings – in other words, anything that isn't physically attached to the buildings.

Our Home Insurance Cover

  • Unoccupancy up to 60 consecutive days allowed to be away from home (i.e. whilst the you are is travelling).
  • Your contents, pedal cycles and collections are insured against all risks of physical loss or physical damage, both while at your home or while temporarily removed for up to 60 consecutive days anywhere else in the world, unless an exclusion applies.
  • Pedal cycles includes electric pedal cycles and pedal cycle accessories and parts – up to the sum insured specified (maximum £30,000).
  • We do not cover loss or damage to pedal cycles left unattended away from your home unless locked to a fixed structure or located within a locked building.
  • Maximum £5,000 cover for theft from an unattended vehicle.  We will not pay for any loss or damage unless the vehicle is locked, windows closed and insured items are hidden out of sight.
  • We will pay for a covered loss whilst your home is being temporarily let for no more than 60 days in total per policy period.
  • Liability for Dogs (could be taken on trip).
Picture for CM

Optional extras for your home insurance

You can also benefit from optional extras for your home insurance, including:

                                              • Reduced risk of underinsurance due to data lead Rebuild values
                                              • Unlimited contents
                                              • Up to £100,000 Jewellery and Fine Art
                                              • Up to £30,000 Pedal cycles
                                              • Personal Cyber including social engineering
                                              • Legal Expense
                                              • Home Emergency

Exclusions on home insurance policies

Exclusions on home insurance policies include:

• Loss or damage caused by dishonest or criminal acts
• Loss or damage caused by faulty, inadequate or defective planning
• Loss or damage caused by intentional acts by you or a family member

Who might need home insurance?

House insurance will look different for everyone, as it varies depending on your living and property ownership circumstances.

You'll likely need both buildings and contents insurance if you're a homeowner, landlord or you own the freehold to your property. You may require them as part of your mortgage agreement. Most people who require both purchase them under a combined house insurance policy to save money.

If you're a tenant or you own a leasehold flat but don't own part of the freehold, you're likely to just need contents insurance.

Why is it so important to have home insurance?

Having home insurance means you can benefit from protection against possible financial and physical losses in your home.

It can cover a wide range of factors, such as:

                                  • Home
                                  • Contents
                                  • Your collections (art, jewellery etc.)
                                  • Legal liability and expenses
                                  • Home emergency
                                  • Cyber losses

The home and buildings section of the policy covers risks for your home, outbuildings and other permanent structures. The contents section covers risks for your general contents such as clothing, electronics and appliances.

What does our home insurance policy cover?

You can choose from a range of home insurance options, and match your policy to your preferences based on your lifestyle and the level of risk you want to cover. Having the right policy in place can give you peace of mind knowing you could be protected from unforeseen financial loss and other risks.

With our home insurance, you could benefit from cover for:

Buildings, contents, pedal cycles & collections

Your property, contents, pedal cycles and collections can be insured against risks of physical loss or physical damage during your policy period unless exclusions apply. This includes while you are at home and while you are temporarily away for up to 60 consecutive days anywhere else in the world.

Please note that this home insurance policy is different to unoccupied house insurance, which is a policy that would cover a house not lived in for 60 consecutive days or more, or not adequately furnished to be lived in properly. This is because homes in these circumstances are more at risk from theft or losses.


This part of your policy can protect you against claims made against you. As a property owner, you have a legal responsibility to maintain the property to limit the risk of injury on your premises by a third party, such as a visitor.

Damages may be paid where an insured person is legally obligated to pay for personal injury or property damage caused by an event covered by your policy. The liability sum will be the one stated in your schedule.

Personal cyber cover

You could receive payment where financial loss has happened due to cyber crime. This includes fraud, telephone hacking or identity theft alongside other factors stated in your policy.

See our policy documents for general definitions.

Comfort Insurance Reviews & Testimonials

We pride ourselves on providing great cover and friendly customer service, that’s why Trustpilot rate us as ‘Excellent’ with a TrustScore of 4.9 based on over 5,000 reviews.

Click here to find out what our customers are saying about us.

How can I get home insurance with Comfort?

Getting home insurance with Comfort is a simple process. You can dial 0208 984 0666  to speak with our friendly, UK-based team to begin the process. Our home insurance is underwritten by Aviva, so you can buy your policy with confidence and the knowledge that you'll be covered by professionals.

How do I make a claim on my home insurance?

Ideally, you won't need to make a claim. But if you do, our team of experts is on-hand 24/7 to help. The team aims to respond immediately with practical advice and assistance. Simply dial 0800 559 3951 to get started.

Alternatively, you can use a dedicated email for the following types of claims:

If you are claiming for a home emergency, you should contact the team as soon as possible by dialling 0800 559 3951.

You'll need to provide your name and policy number, alongside additional information requested of you. You should report an incident as soon as possible and if a crime has been committed, you should tell the police and keep the crime reference number. Evidence, such as photographs and the value of items will likely be required for your claim.

Why choose us for your home insurance?

We may be one of the UK's leading specialist motorhome insurance and breakdown brokers, but our expertise extends to other insurance packages, including travel and home insurance. Here's why you can count on us:
• We've been operating for three decades, providing home, motorhome, campervan and other types of insurance across the UK.
• We're an award-winning insurance provider , thanks to our fantastic service.
• We work alongside Aviva, one of the UK's leading insurance companies, to provide your home insurance.
• We're authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 300281.

Home insurance FAQs

Home insurance isn't a legal requirement. However, if something goes wrong, you could face high costs to cover the damage or losses. Without home insurance, you wouldn't be able to make a claim, which could help you out financially if it's successful. In short, not having house insurance could result in you paying more to rectify something than if you'd paid for insurance in the first place.

Often, people who have been accepted for a mortgage are required to have home insurance in place as part of the conditions.

Get an insurance quote for your home

If you'd like to find out more about our home insurance, or you'd like to receive a quote, contact our friendly team over the phone on