High-top, Raised-roof and Fixed-roof Campervan Insurance

Are you looking to protect your cherished camper – just in case the worst happens? No-one likes to think about the things that can go wrong. But, if nothing else, knowing you’re covered against theft or damage can give you great peace of mind. So, that’s why we provide specialist high-top, raised-roof and fixed-roof campervan insurance on all vehicles built after 1992.

We can also insure van conversions carried out by a registered campervan conversion business.

At the heart of our campervan insurance policies is our absolute understanding of just how much your camper means to you. If you insure a high-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan with us, you can be safe in the knowledge that our specialist cover extend to everything that matters to you. Our aim is to keep you on the road and enjoying camping adventures for years to come.

Getting a high-top, raised-roof and fixed-roof campervan insurance quote is easy. It all starts by clicking the button below – or by calling 0208 9840 666 to speak to a member of our team.

High-top, Raising Roof and Fixed Roof Campervan Insurance

Comfort Insurance Reviews & Testimonials

We pride ourselves on providing great cover and friendly customer service, that’s why Trustpilot rate us as ‘Excellent’ with a TrustScore of 4.9 based on over 2,750 reviews.

Click here to find out what our customers are saying about us.

fixed roofrev1

High-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan insurance – what does it cover?

Our high-top, fixed-roof and raised-roof campervan insurance policies are all designed to provide a level of cover that fits your needs like a glove. The more comprehensive your policy, the more protection you get. But, for us, there are things that we believe are essential to any policy – the things that other providers might consider extras.

Insure a fixed-roof, high-top or raised-roof campervan with Comfort Insurance and you’ll benefit from a wide range of features as standard. Our product is for all vehicles built after 1992 – but it can also cover classic campervans, Japanese imports and self-built campervans. We may also be able to provide converted campervan insurance if your conversion is done by a professional.

To discover more about our raised-roof, fixed-roof or high-top campervan insurance, you can find the policy wording down the page. Here’s an at-a-glance look at what your policy includes:

  • Legal expenses cover up to £100,000

    Your policy covers you for legal fees up to the value of £100,000 to help you claim for uninsured losses from an accident that wasn’t your fault or if you’re contesting certain types of motoring offences.

  • 12 months’ fully comprehensive cover in the UK

    Get complete protection against fire, theft, vandalism, accidental damage, and third-party claims for a whole year if you insure a raised-roof, fixed-roof or high-top campervan with us.

  • Comprehensive cover in Europe

    If you’re taking your campervan across to the continent, let us provide you with extra peace of mind by including comprehensive insurance cover – starting at 90 days as standard.

  • Personal belongings ranging from £1,000 to £5,000

    We’ll cover any personal items, luggage or other ancillary equipment in or on your campervan if the vehicle is lost or damaged due to an accident, fire or theft up to the value of £1,000 to start.

  • New for old cover

    You’ll receive new for old cover if you’re the first registered owner and keeper and the vehicle is no more than three years old or within its first 15,000 miles – whichever comes first.

  • Unlimited windscreen cover

    With your insurance policy, our partnership with National Windscreens and Auto Windscreens® means we’ll repair windscreen or window damage quickly and properly – even when it’s a custom design.

The standard cover you’ll get with our high-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan insurance is just the starting point, however. There’s much more we can also offer as part of your policy. It’s always a good idea to make sure that your preferred policy covers what you need it to.

If you have any queries or need a specific level of cover, please get in touch. We’re here to help.

What will my insurance policy not include?

It’s not just a good idea to check your high-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan insurance to see what you’re covered against. It also helps you to see what you are not covered against. That way, you won’t encounter any nasty and unexpected surprises if something goes wrong.

In most (if not all) cases, you won’t be protected against:

  • Tyre damage caused by braking or punctures
  • Accidents or damage caused if the driver involved has the wrong licence
  • Loss of use, wear and tear or depreciation
  • Any theft where the police are not notified

Take a look at your policy documents for a full rundown of situations our insurance won’t cover.

Why should I take out high-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan insurance?

Owning a campervan is all about having the freedom to travel around on your own terms. There isn’t the hassle of waiting for flights – not to mention any delays or cancellations. And you don’t need to find transfers to and from expensive hotels. With cooking and sleeping arrangements all sorted, a campervan lets you create your own adventure on a completely blank canvas.

But there is an unavoidable downside.

All that time you spend on the road means, sadly, there’s a higher chance of you being involved in an accident. That’s not all, either. Your campervan and its contents can attract thieves – and this makes them vulnerable targets when left at the roadside or even on secure campsites.

So, it’s important to fully insure a high-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan against all risks. As a specialist vehicle, your camper needs specialist cover. And that’s where Comfort Insurance comes in. With our campervan knowledge and expertise, get the right cover for you today. Start by getting a quote or by calling our friendly team on 0208 9840 666 if you have any questions.

Why choose Comfort Insurance?

You can trust us to provide great value high-top, fixed-roof or raised-roof campervan insurance - and ensure that your cherished camper is protected if something goes wrong. We know the joys of owning a campervan ourselves, so we know what matters to you:

  • Our campervan insurance experience stretches back more than three decades, so we know what we’re talking about when it comes to the cover you need.
  • No other provider can match our in-depth campervan knowledge. We offer a bespoke product and understand the unique and specific needs you’ll have.
  • We’re members of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association
  • We work with one of the UK’s leading motor insurers, Aviva. We also offer high-quality campervan breakdown cover in partnership with the AA and DAS
  • For 10 out of 11 years, we’ve been named What Motorhome Insurance Provider of the Year.

While our campervan insurance knowledge and experience speak for itself, we also know it can help to get a second opinion. So, why not ask our many satisfied customers who have given us an ‘Excellent’ rating thanks to their independent Trustpilot reviews?

Cover that offers clarity and certainty

In all situations, it’s important to have proper cover when you insure your high-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan. We aim to provide clear, simple-to-understand policies – and peace of mind knowing that your campervan and its contents are covered.

You can also be sure we’ll treat you as an individual too. Whatever your particular needs, we’re here to provide you with the most complete cover possible at a superb price. Learn how today – request a quote or get in touch with our campervan specialists by calling 0208 9840 666.

Can you insure fixed-roof campervans?

A fixed-roof campervan is a van conversion that doesn’t have a rising roof or a high top. But this type of campervan is becoming rarer. The main reason is because modern rising-roof vans are gradually becoming lower in profile. The nature and scarcity of these models can mean that it can be hard to insure a fixed-roof campervan.

But you can rest assured that Comfort Insurance has you covered.

Can you insure self-build campervans?

It can sometimes be tough to find insurance for van conversions. But, at Comfort Insurance, we can offer converted campervan insurance quotes where the conversion was done by a registered business – as well as self-build campervan insurance for DIY conversions.

Self-build motorhomes usually come with a fixed roof – rather than a pop-top or raising canopy. As very specialised vehicles, there are set criteria for a camper to be classed as a fixed-roof self-build van. For more information, please see our self-build campervan insurance page. 

How do I get a campervan insurance quote?

In the process of converting a van into a camper? Just bought a new fixed-roof campervan? Or is your existing raised-roof campervan insurance up for renewal? Either way, you need a policy that protects you against every eventuality. And you also need one to cover all your possessions – as well as fully insuring a camper that’s being kept on the drive or on the road around Europe.

We can give you a tailor-made quote that suits your needs and covers everything you need it to. Request a quote online now or give our insurance experts a call on 0208 9840 666.

How much does it cost to insure a fixed-roof, raised-roof or high-top campervan?

There are many different factors that can influence how much it costs to insure your fixed-roof, raised-roof or high-top campervan. The quote you’ll receive is always based on your own situation – both in terms of the vehicle you own and your personal circumstances.

With the amount of standard cover that our insurance provides, we’re confident that our quote will represent superb value for money. And there’s always the option of adding extra layers of cover if you’re able to pay a little more. Why not find out more today by getting a quote?

How can I reduce the cost of my insurance?

To give yourself the best chance of reducing the cost of your high-top, raised-roof or fixed top campervan insurance, there are some things that you can do. While it’s not guaranteed you’ll get a lower quote or premium as a result, it can help to do one or more of the following:

  • Build up a few years’ worth of no-claims driving
  • Be a member of a camping club or similar association
  • Install the best security available for your campervan
  • Obtain a qualification from the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM)
  • Add only the extras to your policy that are necessary

We may ask for evidence of any memberships or driving experience that could help to reduce the cost of your insurance. It can sometimes be worth shopping around to ensure you get the best deal too. That said, our standard level of cover means that we’re confident we’ll beat any other provider when it comes to insuring your fixed-roof, high-top or raised-roof campervan.

How do I make a campervan insurance claim?

No-one ever wants to claim on their insurance. It normally means something has gone wrong. It can also be a time of distress – particularly when it involves something that matters a lot to you. But, if the worst does happen, your left with no option.

So, isn’t it reassuring to know that – with Comfort Insurance – the claims process is as painless and as stress-free as possible? It doesn’t matter how much you pay for fixed-roof, raised-roof or high-top campervan insurance, making a claim with us is quick and easy.

Is your claim relating to an accident? Have you been the victim of fire or vandalism? Or has your campervan been stolen? Whatever the reason, get in touch with us as quickly as you can with as much information as possible by calling Comfort claims helpline on 0800 0280 038 or the claims reporting number detailed in your policy.

We’ll ask you to describe what happened in full and we’ll also need your vehicle registration details. This is to help us find your policy information without delay.

If you’re the victim of theft, you should report this to the police immediately. They will give you a crime reference number, which can help us to speed things up when processing your claim.

When you need us, we’ll be here – find out more about making a claim with Comfort Insurance.

Did you know we pay


of claims and we're determined to keep you moving.

*As of the 17th October 2023 Aviva stated that 98.97% of all claims were paid out Aviva clarified that 98.97% of all claims were paid out.


Policy Documents

You’re invited to read and download our high-top, raised-roof or fixed-roof campervan insurance policy documents. But it’s always a good idea to review your own specific policy for details, exclusions and limitations.

Campervan Breakdown Cover


We strongly suggest you take out our specialist campervan breakdown cover for just £65 as part of your annual policy. We offer this service in conjunction with the AA and DAS. Find out more about our campervan breakdown cover – and give yourself extra peace of mind out on the road.

History Of The Campervan

History of the VW Campervan

Learn more about the story of the iconic VW Campervan – from its inception in 1947, all the way through to its latest and most recent redesign.